In a blink of an eye, 2018 is bidding us goodbye. Every year I would “wah.. this year passed by so quickly..” In fact 2018 proved to be a memorable year for me. Following is what I feel to be the major milestones of 2018.
1. A major change in my life as I moved from a corporate lady to an entrepreneur. Entrepreneurship is harder than I thought. With daily challenges to the point that whenever some things were going smoothly, I would fear that some big hiccups were coming too. Because ever since taking on the role, I felt the word 一帆风顺 only happens in fantasy. But the good thing is each and every challenge gave me a positive lesson and I have changed a lot in my mindset and thinking 1 year into this role.
2. Dedicated more time to my family. Because now I do not have to report to work at a specific time. I have had more time with my family. Lauren is no longer on the school bus and she is enjoying the fact she could reach home earlier and avoid the occasional teasing she received from other students on the school bus. I could also send mummy to her medical appointments without the stress of applying for leave from work too often.
3. With eFresh being my full time job, my mind was working 24/7 on how to improve the brand presence. eFresh received its 1st beauty award in May. I was so touched by the nomination and awards that I sent it to my ex-bosses as they had nominated me as an award winners when I was working in other companies then. For those that are keen to try the award-winning products, here is the link.
4. A year with lots of holidays (inclusive of work trip) I conquered a short Bangkok getaway, a dream cruise holiday with my family, explored Greece with hubby, went on the 10th year of friendship trip to Bintan Canopi with my neighbours, a fruitful Hong Kong business trip and a CLAK holiday to London! Of course, these were nothing compared to hubby’s hectic travelling or the times when I was a stewardess but all these are beautiful memories created with family, friends and important lessons for my work.
5. We made one of the biggest purchase in our lives. We bought our new home. This happened too suddenly and honestly if I knew this was coming, I would probably have continued working. The house has been giving me some pressure. Although hubby has been asking me to take things easy, I want to do my part in the family and help with the contributions. The agony of home construction/ renovation is the owners always bursting the initial target budget. We would be saying, “ok la, a little bit more but it will be nicer..” but it will be a little bit of everything x the entire house. So it was 😱😱😱. Other than the budget part, hubby and I really enjoyed this process of creating our humble abode. The discussion on theme, the furniture, to the type of tiles and wallpaper. Woah.. it is alot of couple time here. 🤣
6. With the pressure from the house, I pushed myself more in a good way in my career. I took the leap of faith and realised a dream of many years. The birth of Glowfully. This was probably one of the toughest decisions in 2018. Because funds were all locked in the house construction, to create Glowfully had me knocking on the door of banks to take a loan to fulfil this insane dream of mine. I do feel crazy even till now but I told myself, I will only grow the fastest when I am out of my comfort zone. Glowfully is only a month old but I am thankful to hear all the wonderful reviews from the customers who had tried this creation of mine. There will be more products coming up in 2019 and I hope you are anticipating them as much as I do. Do check out the website and follow us on Glowfully’s social media for the latest news.
As I kiss 2018 goodbye, I am telling 2019, “Hey, I know this is going to be an uphill task but please treat us well… I promise I will be good.”
Good in terms of love and care to everyone around me. More time with mummy and family.
More care for myself by having an exercise regime.
More responsibility to the less fortunate by having a corporate social responsibility program for Glowfully. (Details to be announced in Q2 2019)
Have you done your reflection of 2018 and your 2019 resolution?